Home Renovators Forum

Author Topic: Suede Effects Paint  (Read 669 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Suede Effects Paint
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »
With winter months around I really do still enjoy the feature wall I painted in my dining room soooo many years ago.  I painted it a warm reddish / terracotta using suede effects paint. 

The house has been rented out a couple of times and the paint is now 11 years old and still looking great and aging well.

You can't really wash this type of paint as it is a dry texture.  It was really monotonous to paint on I remember as you had to do tiny criss cross in really tight pattern that although the perfection of its application appealed to this Virgo - her wrists really suffered - not to mention how much wine I spilt when painting and forgot I was holding my wine in the other hand - giggle.  Well what is a girl to do when it took a good few hours in the evening right on drinks hour :)

Anyhow - it really does well to add warmth and feature to a nice dining room and especially comes into its own during winter. 

All in all I'm still pretty chuffed as to how well it's lasted.  I don't think it will be easy to paint over - probably sanding and washing / priming will be needed given it will be hard for another paint to grab on.

Copyright © Monster Forum