Adoption Forum

Author Topic: Tony Abbott announces plan to make adoption easier  (Read 534 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tony Abbott announces plan to make adoption easier
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
It is widely believed that the high profile Australian actor Hugh Jackman and his partner Deborra-Lee Furness have been positive proponent for making the adoption process easier in Australia and their recent meeting with Tony Abbott would appear that their call to duty has not fallen on this politicians normally deaf ears.

After just over 100 days in parliament it would seem that this politician is going to make the adoption process in Australia his pet project.  I think it was about the hundred day mark when Kevin 07 acknowledged the 'stolen generation' and said sorry on behalf of all past and present governments.

The statistics show that there is a large degree of inter family adoptions within Australia.  My heart goes out to these families that not only have to deal emotionally with the specific circumstances that bring about the inability for the children to remain with their parents/parent but to then have to deal with the inordinate amount of red tape to get the process done - not to mention the cost.

I think anything that is done to lessen the amount of hurdles to any family that wishes to welcome a new member should be done no matter how unlikeable the promoter is and at least he is doing his research with people who have been through the system.

Anything that is in the best interest of the child is a good thing.  Every child deserves the right to be loved and wanted.

Monster Mummy

Copyright © Monster Forum